Pages

Thursday 25 June 2009

Closed doors

In this division both sides look to
the other for blame, on the edge
it circles and swoops while you both
turn and loop, pacing and waiting for
the other's craving for normality to
outweigh your own. I'm sure though

that the blame rests squarely on the
door that you found yourselves
either side of. Strange how that white
rectangle drove a barrier of metaphor
and silence between you; an obelisk
that still stands even though the door
is long open and one of you is no
longer even in the room.

1 comment:

  1. No I know man. It started being about you guys, but then I thought it a little crass being specifically about you, so moved onto a hypothetical situation. Which got me thinking about doors and how they change people's emotions.

    Kirk asked me if it was about "a man and wife", which made me laugh thinking about where it came from.

    ReplyDelete